Effective: Mar 3, 2021
Table of Contents:
- Gathering of Personal Information
- Consent to Use Personal Information
- Opt-Out and Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Information Collected by Automated Means
- Information Collected From Other Sources
- Sharing Your Information
- Security and Retention
- Processing Of Information Outside Of Canada
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Questionnaires and Surveys
- Third Party Websites
- Intellectual Property
- How To Contact Us
GATHERING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. For example, when we receive Personal Information from you to provide a requested product or service, your consent to use the Personal Information for that purpose is implied. If you need to provide Personal Information about other individuals (such as dependents), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us. There are legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information. Some examples are if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
OPT-OUT AND UPDATING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you opt-in to receive communications and other information from us, you can always opt-out by using the Contact Us link below or by unsubscribing from emails using the link provided at the bottom of the email. Our web sites and email programs are designed in compliance with the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Likewise, we will provide users with the opportunity to change any Personal Information previously provided or have their Personal Information deleted by contacting us as set forth in “How To Contact Us” section below.
In addition, your browser or device may have settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help tab.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information primarily for the following reasons:
- to e-mail consumers who opt-in with offers, recipes, updates and news and other information about Clover Leaf, our portfolio of brands and our partners;
- to send out brochures, and other materials via regular mail to subscribers who opt-in;
- for use in our on-line and off-line marketing and advertising campaigns;
- if you contact us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below to respond to your questions or comments; and
- to allow you to provide feedback in the form of surveys and questionnaires so we can improve our products, services and sites.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, transfer, or disclose any Personal Information we gather to any third parties without your prior consent, except in cases when we believe in good faith that we have a legal obligation to disclose such Personal Information and with those suppliers, or advertising and promotional agencies that need to have access to the information to provide the services or products you have requested. Our suppliers and service providers are required to maintain confidentiality with respect to all Personal Information, and may not use your Personal Information for any unauthorized purpose.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
Only those employees at Clover Leaf who require your Personal Information will have access to it. We protect your Personal Information with appropriate security measures, and we require our suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies to do the same. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary for the purpose it was provided or as required by law.
Processing Of Information Outside Of Canada
Clover Leaf is part of a group of companies. Website hosting, storage and management of electronic communications, and data processing within the Clover Leaf group of companies may be done via servers located outside of Canada. Some of our supplier, advertising, or promotional agency service providers as described above may also be located outside of Canada. As a result, your Personal Information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of other jurisdictions.
We may run contests and sweepstakes (“Promotions”) on our website or social media sites for which we ask participants to provide personal information (like their e-mail address). This information is used to administer the Promotions and contact the participant when necessary in accordance with the Promotions.
Our Promotions are only available to adults over the age of 18. If a participant is a winner of a prize(s), they will be asked to complete and sign a release form which will ask for their name, address, telephone number, cellular phone number, email and date of birth.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We recognize there are unique issues concerning the protection of children’s privacy over the Internet. All Clover Leaf web sites are designed to comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines for web sites gathering identifiable information from children (under age 13). Consistent with these requirements and guidelines, and provided that we have been given accurate information by the child when asked, we do NOT:
- collect personally identifiable off-line contact information without prior parental consent;
- distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent;
- entice children by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity;
- use or disclose on-line contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity.
- enable children to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent; or
- Parents can always ask to review any Personal Information about their child that may have been collected at one of our sites, have us delete any such Personal Information, and/or instruct us not to collect or use such Personal Information about their child in the future. To do so, simply contact us following the procedure outlined below in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
As the Internet evolves, and the requirements of COPPA and PIPEDA and CARU guidelines change, Clover Leaf intends to comply with these requirements and guidelines in a manner and in as timely a fashion as is technologically feasible in order to protect our children and their privacy.
QUESTIONNAIRES & SURVEYS
From time to time we may gather Information from questionnaires and surveys for internal use only of Clover Leaf. If sample answers to polls or surveys are posted on the web site, then no identifiable Personal Information will be included.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Clover Leaf’s policy is to protect its own intellectual property, while respecting that of others. Intellectual property can include material protected by copyright, or a trademark.
If you believe in good faith that Clover Leaf has infringed on your rights protected by a copyright, trademark, you may file notice with our trademark department. Your notice must include:
- Your full name,
- Mailing address,
- Email address,
- Phone number,
- Complete description of protected intellectual property,
- Proof of intellectual property protection – for example, trademark number or other registration information,
- Jurisdiction in which your intellectual property is protected,
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the protected intellectual property on the Clover Leaf website (for example, a URL),
- A statement as to why you believe Clover Leaf infringed upon your protected intellectual property,
- A statement under the penalty of perjury that you, as the owner of the intellectual property, did not authorize Clover Leaf the use the intellectual property, and
- Your signature.
Please send your written notice to:
Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp.
80 Tiverton Court, Suite 600
L3R 0G4 CANADA
HOW TO CONTACT US