1. Q: WHAT ARE TUNA?
A: Tuna is a family of saltwater predatory fish that comes in a variety of species. Size varies by specie as does the range of flesh colour and intensity of flavor. The flavor of tuna tends to be mild, which explains why kids tend to like it better than salmon. Tuna are among the fastest swimming fish in the sea.
2. Q: Is there MSG in BRUNSWICK® Tuna?
A: MSG (monosodium glutamate): is not added to BRUNSWICK® Tuna
3. Q: Is there any fat in BRUNSWICK® Tuna?
A: BRUNSWICK® canned tuna is a high-quality protein that’s low in saturated fat
4. Q: What is contained in BRUNSWICK® Tuna?
- Phosphorus – Aids in formation of bones and teeth
- Protein – Helps build and repair body tissues and helps build antibodies
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) – Aids in normal growth and development and is a factor in energy metabolism and tissue formation
- Vitamin B6 – Aids in energy metabolism and tissue formation
- Vitamin B12 – Helps build red blood cells and aids proper functioning of both the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Vitamin D – Helps form and maintain bones and teeth and enhances the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. It is essential for normal growth and development.
- Selenium –dietary antioxidant involved in the formation of a protein that defends against oxidative stress
5. Q: What does The American Heart Association recommend about eating fish and sea foods?
A: The American Heart Association recommends eating at least two servings of fish per week. Eating fish and seafood like BRUNSWICK® canned products is a smart choice when you consider all the nutritional benefits.
6. Q: Why consumers prefer TUNA BRUNSWICK® TUNA?
- GOOD AS GOLD quality
- Strong brand equity
- Trusted name
- Great taste
- No artificial flavours or colors
- No hydrogenated fats or trans fats
- Consumers look for exciting healthy flavour sensations
- Three great flavoured flaked tuna products:
- Spicy Thai Chili
- Sundried Tomato & Basil
- Lemon & Pepper
7. Q: What makes BRUNSWICK® products quality?
- Finest raw materials and ingredients
- Firm fish, great appearance, packed with the light meat from the tuna, cleaned of skin, scales and bones
- State-of-the-art operating facilities
- Operates under rigorous quality standards using globally accepted principles in compliance with CFIA and HACCP
8. Q: What is BRUNSWICK® products features and benefits?
- Shelf stable
- Convenient to use
- Available in easy-open lid (selected market)
- Portable flavored tuna – tote in lunch bag or back pack
- Versatile – great for lunches, snacks, light meals and entertaining
- Healthy and nutritious – high in protein
- Bright and colorful packaging
9. Q: Where do Tuna live?
A: Tuna live in the open sea rather than near the shore. For the most part, they stay in the upper layer of water called the mixed layer. The mixed layer is warmed by the sun and air, stirred by the wind and waves, and is a rich environment for tuna. Fish like Albacore usually migrate across the Pacific Ocean from Japan and up the coast of North America. Tuna are found in warm ocean waters around the world, including the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans.
10. Q: Does BRUNSWICK® Tuna contain Omega-3 and Iron?
A: BRUNSWICK® tuna contains Omega-3 and Iron. Omega-3 is necessary for maintaining health and linked to a reduction in the risk of a number of major diseases. Iron helps build red blood cell, improves concentrating, it may help to prevent anemia and lower susceptibility to colds and infections.
11. Q: Is Tuna warm or cold blooded fish?
A: Tuna are not cold-blooded as most fish, but have a system whereby they maintain their temperature a few degrees warmer than the water. As warm blood returns to the gills to get more oxygen, it passes close to cooler blood coming from the gills. As they pass, the warmth is transferred to the cooler oxygen-rich blood.
12. Q: What is the most popular way to eat BRUNSWICK® Tuna?
A: BRUNSWICK® Tuna is enjoyed by people in a variety of ways and lends itself to a number of delicious preparations. In addition to the traditional Tuna sandwich for lunch, Tuna is also great in salads, prepared dishes, and as healthy entertaining items. BRUNSWICK® Tuna is ready-to-eat, portable, require no cooking, and are available with an easy-open ring pull lid. For great recipe ideas please click here to visit our recipe section.
13. Q: Are all BRUNSWICK® Tuna Dolphin Friendly?
A: All BRUNSWICK® tuna products on the shelf today are certified dolphin friendly and the labels on our products proudly display the “dolphin friendly” indication symbol.
14. Q: What does Dolphin friendly defined?
- Drift nets are not used. - There are no purse seine sets made on dolphins through an entire fishing trip.
- An observer from the National Marine Fishery Service and/or the Inter American Tropical Tuna Commission certifies fishing vessels and trips in the Eastern Tropical Pacific.
- Fishing methods considered dolphin friendly are long line, pole and line, and the purse seine method in the Eastern Tropical Pacific with certification only.
15. Q: Where are BRUNSWICK® Tuna caught?
A: Tuna are found in warm ocean waters around the world, including the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. The Skipjack tuna used for BRUNSWICK® Tuna is caught in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
16. Q: How many Flavours BRUNSWICK® Tuna are available?
A: BRUNSWICK® Tunas are available in 3 Flavours:
- Sundried Tomato & Basil Tuna
- Lemon & Pepper Tuna
- Spicy & Thai Chili
17. Q: How many Varieties BRUNSWICK® Tuna are available?
— Flaked Light Tuna in Water
— Flaked Light Tuna in Oil
— Chunk Light Tuna in Water
— Chunk Light Tuna in Oil